At Penn Cinema, we strive to create memorable experiences within our communities through amazing service and quality entertainment. Check out the available positions listed below to see how you can contribute to our mission!
Location: Wilmington, DE
Job Level: Some experience in theater, retail or food service preferred
At Penn Cinema, we strive to create memorable experiences within our communities through amazing service and quality entertainment. As an Assistant Manager, you’ll assist your General Manager in all aspects of the day-to-day operations at your location. You’ll deliver Penn Cinema’s quality and service standards by leading and executing operational and organizational goals, fulfilling the business requirements and developing a hardworking, talented and motivated team.
You’ll be in charge of maintaining the Penn Cinema experience by managing the general crew, guaranteeing an exceptional level of customer service, and ensuring a clean, safe, and enjoyable environment.
Ensure successful daily theater operations by executing the following fundamentals:
- Provide exceptional customer service that is friendly, helpful and fast
- Maintain exceptional facilities that are clean, safe and in good repair
- Provide an experience that is comfortable, distraction-free and picture-perfect
- Serve fresh, appetizing and properly prepared food and beverages
- Maintain cash handling and management procedures
- Demonstrate a calm demeanor under periods of high volume and unusual events, manage smooth transitions to keep theater running at optimal level
- Manage with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Penn Cinema.
Encourage team members to maximize their personal growth and development by:
- Guaranteeing staff meet and exceed customer-service standards
- Ensuring staff adheres to organizational expectations and policies
- Ensuring proper staffing in each area of the theater
- Performing daily opening and closing operational duties
- Reviewing financial numbers on a regular basis and make operational adjustments, as necessary
As an Assistant Manager, you may also be responsible for overseeing an individual theatre department, as assigned by your General Manager. These departments include: Food & Beverage, Events/Programming/Promotions, Projection Booth, and/or Maintenance.
What We’re Looking For In You
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Penn Cinema
- You have a genuine interest in developing a strong, talented and motivated team
- You take pride in all aspects of your work environment including the quality and service standards of your products
- You have an appetite for success and have the drive to reach and exceed your goals
- You are flexible and open to change. You face challenges and tough conversations with a positive and solution-based attitude. And when needed, you take action to solve problems
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma required
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Professional appearance and positive role model
- Intrinsically motivated to reach professional goals and an ability to work independently with minimal structure and direction
- Excellent leadership and guest relation skills and high level of standards for quality and service
- General computer and email proficiency with a desire to learn new programs and technologies
- ServSafe certification
- Required jurisdictional alcohol training/certification (as needed)