Location: Lititz, PA
Job Level: Some experience in theater, retail or food service preferred
At Penn Cinema, we strive to create memorable experiences within our communities through amazing service, quality entertainment and clean, modern facilities.
As a member of the Penn Cinema team, you’ll directly influence the overall Penn Cinema experience and build relationships with customers and fellow team members. We rely on our team to maintain our high-standards for service, quality and cleanliness. We offer flexible schedules, great benefits and an environment that is truly welcoming.
Ensure successful daily theater operations by executing the following fundamentals:
- Provide exceptional customer service that is friendly, helpful and fast
- Maintain exceptional facilities that are clean, safe and in good repair
- Provide an experience that is comfortable, distraction-free and picture-perfect
- Serve fresh, appetizing and properly prepared food and beverages
- Maintain cash handling and management procedures
- Demonstrate a calm demeanor under periods of high volume and unusual events, manage smooth transitions to keep theater running at optimal level
- Perform daily opening and closing operational duties
- Manage with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Penn Cinema.
Encourage team members to maximize their personal growth and development by:
- Guaranteeing staff meet and exceed customer-service standards
- Ensuring staff adheres to organizational expectations and policies
- Ensuring proper staffing in each area of the theater
As an Assistant Manager, you will also be assigned a focus in one of four key areas: Food & Beverage, Events + Promotions, Human Resources or Projection.
What We’re Looking For In You
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Penn Cinema
- You have a genuine interest in developing a strong, talented, motivated and happy team
- You take pride in all aspects of your work environment including the quality and service standards of your products
- You have an appetite for success and have the drive to reach and exceed your goals
- You are flexible and open to change. You face challenges and tough conversations with a positive and solution-based attitude. And when needed, you take action to solve problems
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma required
- Minimum two (2) years experience as a manager in high-volume venue, hospitality, retail or customer-service with knowledge of total operations, experience in movie-theater management is a bonus
- Flexible availability during evening hours, weekends and Holidays.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Professional appearance and positive role model
- Intrinsically motivated to reach professional goals and an ability to work independently with limited direct supervision
- Excellent leadership and guest relation skills
- General proficiency with computer, email and the Microsoft Office suite with a desire to learn new programs and technologies
- ServSafe certification (required within 60 days of employment)
- Required jurisdictional alcohol training/certification (as needed)